It was only a matter of time before this happened:
When we moved into our house over 5 years ago I knew the raised brick fireplace would give me ulcers once we had children...and so far it has lived up to its expectations. Zoya was sitting on the fireplace (which she really isn't allowed to do but she had been being so careful about it we thought it was okay since we were a foot away). She went to stand up and put all her weight on her hand to push herself up and her hand slipped off the edge of the bricks and she caught herself with her face...OUCH. She was bleeding and crying...yay for crying from a child who used to laugh hysterically when she got hurt...but anyways....she got some hugs and kisses and popsicles out of the deal and her lip is less swollen today. We are really lucky she didn't lose any teeth!