Saturday, July 6, 2013

Celebrating Big!!!!!!!!!!!

So, today, Mila did this.............


I started crying after the first time she did it! Big tears....so big that Zoya said, "Mama, no cry! Mama happy!" I reassured her that I was, indeed, so very happy and that's why I was crying. We thought this milestone for Mila would be much further out.....so today when she just started walking with this cart, I couldn't even believe it! I felt as if I was witnessing a miracle right before my eyes! Those of you who have been following our family since we adopted Mila can appreciate how big of a milestone this is for our former tiny frail babe! We have wondered if she will ever walk independently based on her rough start and her diagnosis of cerebellar cortical dysplasia....so seeing her do this gives me so much HOPE....Our Mila Hope is always amazing us! She has been working SO hard doing physical therapy twice a week, treadmill therapy, and daily walking in her gait trainer. We are so thankful for all the ways the Lord continues to work in her life! I couldn't be more proud of my sweet girl! And you better believe when she takes her first unassisted steps you will all hear me shouting with excitement! The joy in watching her achieve such big milestones isn't just in HER accomplishment alone, but in watching God restore her her and mold her into the child she was made to be. Over a year and a half later, we are STILL seeing Mila come alive right before our eyes! It will never get old! 

4 comments:

  1. WTG Mila! I do remember praying so hard for your frail babe. She has come such a long way and I look forward to seeing her progression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, MILA!!! Such awesome news! She's come such a long way so quickly it's amazing the healing powers of God and love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO JELLY BEAN!!!!! This is wonderful indeed!! God is so able to do what we could never imagine! Thanking him for his love and care of this little lady!! Get your running shoes on Mama!!!! ((((BIG HUGS))))!!!!

    ReplyDelete