1. That the medical team working with Carrington will make all the right decisions regarding a plan of action.
2. That Carrington's body will learn how to accept food and slowly gain the much needed weight so she can undergo surgeries for gastrointestinal issues in the future.
3. That God would heal Carrington's malnutrition and the effects it has caused on her body.
4. That Carrington would feel a sense of peace that surpasses all understanding during this extremely scary time for her.
5. That the Burmans would continue having the strength they need to balance living between the hospital with Carrington and home with their other 6 children during this time.
6. That the Lord would use Carrington's story to bring glory to His name and allow others to witness God's amazing grace and powers of redemption.
7. That God would begin at this moment to heal the Burmans' hearts from all that they experienced and all that they are trying to process.
Praise God that the Burman's listened to the call to action on behalf of Carrington's life. They almost didn't. BUT THEY DID. They had no idea how fragile this little girl was. They had no idea just how much she needed them at this exact moment in time. But God knew.
Sometimes it seems we just can't understand why things like this happen. There is no good reason. This was never a part of God's master plan. We are living in a fallen world and sometimes the heartache we see as a result of that is more than we as humans can even fathom. We want to respond with anger and frustration and sadness. My prayer is that Carrington's story will lead others to stand up and make a difference.We can't continue to sit back in our comfortable lives and pretend we don't know what is happening. There are children who are living in their very own hell on earth right now. There are children slowly dying in orphanages and institutions across the world as you sit here reading this right now. As easy as it is to sit here and feel defeated after hearing about Carrington's condition, don't let it defeat you....let it speak to you until your world is rocked and until your heart is broken and until you have tears streaming down your face and until you are moved to take action. Let Carrington's suffering not be in vein.
What are you going to do?