Monday, June 20, 2011

Zoya's First Time in the Ocean!


















(my new all-time favorite picture!)


Zoya was mesmerized by the ocean. She loved watching the waves and waiting for them to crash into her! There is just something about the ocean that makes everything in the world right. There's something about the soft sand under your feet allowing you to sink deeper and deeper as each wave crashes over your feet.  There's something about listening to the rhythmic splash and crash and hum of the waves.  It is a beautiful, peaceful place. I stook there with Zoya watching the water meet the sand and praising God for all of His beautiful creations. As I watched Zoya experience the ocean for the first time I felt as if I were seeing it for the first time as well. Seeing old things through Zoya's new beatufiul baby blue eyes makes this life way more exciting!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect! She looks like she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the ocean is where Iz is at peace also. She reaches the sand and sighs, looks down and then says "beach I missed you". Yeah that's her new thing telling people and things that she's missed them. funny girl.....

    Love the pics, so glad that you guys had some great weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how grown-up she is now compared to when I first saw her pic on RR! She is growing up so beautifully! (And I can see that she is much braver than I was when experiencing the ocean for the 1st time this year.)

    ReplyDelete